Find amazing and healthy recipes at kulinarian.com
Healthy Herbal Tea Jello (sugar Free!)
Skip the unnatural dye and the processed sugars and solids in store bought gelatin's and make this just as simply at home BUT much healthier! Flavored and colored with herbal tea and sweetened with maple syrup, this a treat that everyone will love!
Prep Time: 00:10
Cook Time: 03:15
3.5 cups water
1/2 cup maple syrup
1 oz unflavored gelatin (we used knox, grass-fed would be best)
8 tablespoons loose leaf tea (we used coastal cranberry spice tea)
1) Add maple syrup to water. A 4 cup glass measuring bowl works great for this.
2) Remove 1 cup of water/maple syrup liquid and set aside.
3) Add loose leaf tea to 3 cups of water/maple syrup liquid to a pot and bring to a boil.
4) Once a rolling boil has been reached turn down heat and simmer for 15 minutes. (Do not steep black/green teas this long or they will get bitter. Use double the tea and half the steep time instead.)
5) With one minute left to steep, add 1 oz of gelatin to the 1 cup of liquid that was set aside. Whisk until well incorporated.
6) Pour gelatin mix back into 4 cup bowl. Strain steeped tea and liquid mix directly into 1 cup of gelatin mix. Whisk well.
7) Pour into mold of choice and chill for at least 3 hours. Cut into squares, or different shapes with cookie cutters or even shred for a gelatin salad!
Herbal and fruit teas work great, as well as coffee, kombucha and fruit juice. If using black or green tea please see notes above in directions. Find the Coastal Cranberry Spice Loose Leaf Tea here http://www.stfiacres.com/store/p33/Coastal_Cranberry_Spice_Blend.html
Do you have questions or need help embedding recipes? Contact us at email@example.com
In your blog post, create a "Link" with the text;
Set the link's URL or "href" to the below URL.
The link must include "?embed=link" and any additional parameters
In the footer of your blog (or below your blog post content) add the recipe embed code. This code can be embedded globally on your entire website, for use with all Kulinarian embeds.
You may need to refresh your page or blog post to see the recipe populate.